Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyMoonkist

LadyMoonkist

Female Posts : 6

Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2011, 1:06 pm

Hi!! My name is Lisa...I live in the Greenback-Maryville area of Tennessee...I'm 45 years old, happily married and all that jazz Wink

I am owned by one beautiful bearded dragon, his name is Godzilla. I have had him going on 2 years now. Before, I was never a reptile person due to a snake bite as a child...I was always afraid of them. I had owned fire belly newts and such before, but Godzilla is my first experience with something longer than a pencil HA!! Anyways...he was a rescue. My friend called me one evening and asked me if I was interested in trying my hand at taking care of a bearded dragon that she had once owned for a short period of time and had given to someone who did NOT take care of him and she rescued him to send to me Smile ...and I kinda jumped on it...cause I was curious ....needless to say, almost 2 years later, Godzilla still fascinates me Smile He went from being malnourished, skittish and such...to a huge, beautiful boy that loves to be held, sung to, loves to watch tv and listen to music. Yes, folks!! My dragon thinks he is human LOL My avatar is a pic I took of him last year outdoors Smile

I'd love to own more beardies as I love them...yes, I read a lot!! Look online a lot and am always seeking to learn more about them. I'm like a sponge...give me some info, I'll soak it up! When I own an animal or reptile (now)...I want to know all I can about them.

I do photography (still going to school for it, I should say, but I am addicted to it)...and am working slowly on putting a calendar together of nothing but beautiful beardies...yes, Godzilla is known to DRESS UP for the occassion Smile

The first photo is a month AFTER we rescued him...the others are of my beautiful boy today Smile

Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Godzillarescueday

Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) GodzillaOutside2
Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Godzilla4
Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Godzilla
Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Godzilla3

Last edited by LadyMoonkist on January 15th 2011, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mel

Mel

Female Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2011, 1:08 pm

Welcome Miss Lisa! Beautiful Boy you have there! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dolphins-dreams.com
LadyMoonkist

LadyMoonkist

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2011, 1:11 pm

Awww, you're welcome...all thanks to YOU I have my handsome boy !
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2011, 1:16 pm

Welcome to the forum. Thats a great looking dragon. You don't happen to know who produced that beautiful boy, do ya? Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
LadyMoonkist

LadyMoonkist

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2011, 1:19 pm

Boggylizard....why I sure do Smile
YOU did Smile and ty ty ty !!
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2011, 1:27 pm

No, thanks to you for taking such good care of him. I always love to see some of my babies a few years down the road. He looks terriffic and it is a testament to his care. You and I both know what he might look like right now if you had not gotten him. So again, thank you!
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2011, 9:50 pm

Hello! What a handsome guy! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
LadyMoonkist

LadyMoonkist

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2011, 10:08 pm

Thanks HerpA Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)   Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, from the Greenback=Maryville area :)
Page 1 of 1