Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updates on my collection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Updates on my collection Empty
PostSubject: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2010, 9:48 pm

Just thought I'd update everyone who might be interested. Wink

Sandy will be happy to know that her female spider took her second meal--another live rat pink.

For those interested, my female lesser (approx. 900 grams) and my female orange ghost (approx. 1300 grams) both took their meals with gusto today! I am quite thrilled! If they both reach breeding size this season, I'll be pairing the ghost with the spider and the lesser with the pied.

My female het albino finally ate for me today! cheers Her last meal was July 7th, so this one today makes me really happy! LOL I got her to take a freshly killed small rat (though she should be on medium rats by now, and would be if she'd been eating like she should)--at least I didn't have to feed her live! I'm not sure if she'll make breeding weight this season or not (I don't know if she'll take a meal next week or refuse), but I can dream anyway! Wink She's still much skinnier than I prefer my girls to be for breeding--I guess I'll just have to wait and see. She'll have to take quite a few good meals, anyway.

The last male spider baby that I produced this year took a mouse hopper (thanks Rob and Gina!) on Monday. Hopefully I can get him switched over to rat pinks next week.

The last normal female I produced this season did NOT take the mouse hopper . . . I don't know what it's going to take to get this girl feeding!

The male spider, the 2 male het albinos, and the male pied all took their meals today as well, along with my big normal girl (Chloe) and Chloe's 2007 hatchling, Spaz (normal).

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems like there's been a button somebody has pushed, and it's got most of my snakes feeding! Even my orange ghost, whom I've been feeding by having to just lay the thawed feeder in front of her hide box, was actively hunting for hers today, and as soon as I slid the glass door open, she nailed the rat. My lesser was the same way. Must be something in the air. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2010, 10:42 pm

Yeah on getting the one baby to eat hopefully you can figure out a way to get the other to eat!!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2010, 11:14 pm

I hope some of your good feeding voodoo carries over to my snakes. My kingsnake has lately become terrified of his food! My male pastel is fattening up way faster than my normal, no matter how much I feed her...haha. She just seems to melt the food away into nothing.

I think your collection update needs pictures...yes....pictures... Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 1:46 am

Very happy to hear the little girl (Brianna wants to name her "Spyra") ate again for you! Besides offering a live rat pink or fuzzy in a sealed paper bag overnight or in a tub with shredded aspen as bedding, I'm not sure what else to try with you stubborn hatchling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

And very glad your girls are feeding again! I've had really good luck scaling back from mediums to smalls and just feeding a little more frequently with my bunch. Maybe the younger rats are more appetizing. lol All of my females are still eating well for me, even Kyriel and she's still on eggs. Her meals are considerably smaller than everyone else's right now, but not for long. As soon as these eggs hatch and I can get the babies into a tub of their own, I'll have her back on her regular sized meals. Smile

Oh and I'm also looking forward to seeing your newest addition as soon as you get him home.

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 8:54 pm

YAY! My het albino fed again this week! She's on a roll! LMAO

The ghost, lesser, and the two big normal girls all refused today . . . *grumbles* The two big girls I'm not worried about--they are both huge and well over breeding weight. But I wish the two morph ladies would feed! LOL

The spider refused his meal, but he does that some. He's a decent weight anyway, and doesn't appear to be losing any. The pied refused, but he's in shed, so that's understandable.

My new pastel didn't eat, but he's also in shed. The rest of my collection (not for-sales) ate again this week. Still have a normal female baby that won't take her meals, but the male spider that took the mouse hopper last week took a rat pink today! *happy dance* One more meal for him, and he will be ready to go too.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 10:35 pm

PythonPassion wrote:
YAY! My het albino fed again this week! She's on a roll! LMAO

The ghost, lesser, and the two big normal girls all refused today . . . *grumbles* The two big girls I'm not worried about--they are both huge and well over breeding weight. But I wish the two morph ladies would feed! LOL

The spider refused his meal, but he does that some. He's a decent weight anyway, and doesn't appear to be losing any. The pied refused, but he's in shed, so that's understandable.

My new pastel didn't eat, but he's also in shed. The rest of my collection (not for-sales) ate again this week. Still have a normal female baby that won't take her meals, but the male spider that took the mouse hopper last week took a rat pink today! *happy dance* One more meal for him, and he will be ready to go too.

Did the little spider girl eat? Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 11:16 pm

Yep, she did: live rat fuzzy (up from pinks!). And I have a correction on my above post--my male spider did eat after all. I left his feeder in with him for a couple of hours, and when I came back it was gone. He's just being a PIA. Razz
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 12:47 am

Yay!!! And congrats on the het albino girl eating! Maybe you'll get albinos out of two clutches. Wink
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 10:21 pm

Haha, that would be nice! But my het girl is only taking small rats right now . . . she really needs small plus, but I am afraid she'll refuse if I offer her a larger meal (that happened with my ghost this week--I tried to go from small plus to medium, and she refused both). Sometimes less is more, and as long as she's eating something, well, that's better than nothing. I really honestly don't know if she'll make weight this season or not. Even if she has the weight, though, if she doesn't have the body shape I prefer I won't breed her either. Time will tell. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updates on my collection   Updates on my collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates on my collection
Page 1 of 1