Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weight Updates (with Pics)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Weight Updates (with Pics) Empty
PostSubject: Weight Updates (with Pics)   Weight Updates (with Pics) Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 10:45 pm

Next weekend I will begin some pairings, so I thought I'd weigh everyone and see how close they are getting.

First up is Tryton, my normal male. He's definitely to weight, but has no prospective girlfriends this season. Razz
Weight Updates (with Pics) Tryton2097grams9-26-2010

Next is Azrielle, one of my normal females--she'll be paired with the pastel (Midas) once he's out of QT on the 11th of October.
Weight Updates (with Pics) Azrielle3168grams9-26-2010

My other normal female, Chloe, will be paired with Mushu (the spider) next Friday night:
Weight Updates (with Pics) Chloe3291grams9-26-2010

My 2007 normal female, Spaz (and Chloe and Tryon's daughter) is definitely up to weight (and still feeding), and I may pair her with Mushu later in the season; I haven't completely made up my mind yet on her.
Weight Updates (with Pics) Spaz1667grams9-26-2010

My 2006 het albino male, Alchemy, is definitely primed for breeding, especially since he had last year off, but I don't know if my female is going to make weight:
Weight Updates (with Pics) Alchemy1657grams9-26-2010

My 2007 het albino male, Algol, is still a virgin . . . and has no prospective mates either! Weight Updates (with Pics) Laugh
Weight Updates (with Pics) Algol1480grams9-26-2010

My 2007 het albino female, Albionne, is still under weight for breeding, and her body is far too skinny as well. Hopefully she will continue to feed and gain, but she may or may not go this season, even if she continues to feed.
Weight Updates (with Pics) Albionne1195grams9-26-2010

Mushu (spider) is primed and ready to go, with lots of prospective girlfriends this season. The list includes Chloe, Siennah, and possibly Spaz.
Weight Updates (with Pics) Mushu1230grams9-26-2010

Siennah (the orange ghost/hypo) is right now borderline to breed. I figure I'll give her a couple more weeks and see where her weight is sitting. If she reaches 1500 grams and is still feeding, she'll be paired with Mushu (the spider) in order to get my honeybee project started! Weight Updates (with Pics) WooHoo
Weight Updates (with Pics) Siennah1412grams9-26-2010

Maleficent is not even close to weight yet, and I am now doubting she will get there. She's feeding very sporadically now, taking meals here and there but nothing consistent. If she surprises me and does make weight, she'll be paired with Hercules (the pied).
Weight Updates (with Pics) Maleficent845grams9-26-2010

Megara, my cinny ringer female, is no where near breeding weight. She definitely will not go this season, but it's nice to monitor her anyway and see how well she's growing! Weight Updates (with Pics) Laugh
Weight Updates (with Pics) Megara394grams9-26-2010

Hercules is still feeding regularly for me. He refuses while in shed, but otherwise takes his meals. Still very happy with the way this guy is growing!
Weight Updates (with Pics) Hercules672grams9-26-2010

My newest addition, Midas (pastel male) has not yet fed for me, but that's typical of breeder-sized males, so I'm not panicking just yet. haha He's definitely up to weight, and will be paired with one of my normal girls once he's out of QT.
Weight Updates (with Pics) Midas1042grams9-26-2010

A couple of for-sale babies: a normal female and a male spider. Both are feeding well and growing steadily.
Weight Updates (with Pics) NLBP10-5204grams9-26-2010

Weight Updates (with Pics) SPBP10-4159grams9-26-2010

And the other male spider has now officially had 3 meals (one mouse hopper and 2 separate meals of a rat pinky), but I am not happy enough with his weight to put him up for sale just yet. I tried upping his meal size last week to a fuzzy rat, but he refused it, though he did eat the pinky I offered second. I am tempted to try another fuzzy this week, or two pinks. Either way, I'd really prefer to get him feeding on frozen/thawed rat pups before he's placed up for sale.
Weight Updates (with Pics) SPBP10-362grams9-26-2010

And that's everyone except the normal female that has not yet begun feeding for me. I don't know what I am going to have to do to get her feeding!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Weight Updates (with Pics)   Weight Updates (with Pics) Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2010, 11:10 pm

I hope Maleficent picks up the pace for you! Albionne, too!

They all look great, though! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Weight Updates (with Pics)   Weight Updates (with Pics) Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2010, 6:24 pm

Thanks much! Hopefully Albionne eats consistently, even if she doesn't make weight this season. She's underweight for her age since she has been such a picky feeder. I'd really like to see her get some weight on her, as she's always stayed skinny. I'd be happy if she just got a nice rounded body myself, even if I don't breed her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight Updates (with Pics)   Weight Updates (with Pics) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Updates (with Pics)
Page 1 of 1