Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Found this afternoon...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Found this afternoon... Empty
PostSubject: Found this afternoon...   Found this afternoon... Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2011, 11:16 pm

Found this afternoon... Img6224mw

Found this afternoon... Img6225fu

Found this afternoon... Img6226c

Found this afternoon... Img6227z

Found this afternoon... Img6228gi

Not sure if she's a black widow or not. I couldn't get a look at her belly. I didn't want her sticking around, though, so I relocated her and the egg sacs to the woods. Figured I'd share the pics I got to see if anyone can give me an idea of what she is if not a black widow.

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Found this afternoon...   Found this afternoon... Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 10:53 am

Looks like a black widow to me! I'm impressed that you didn't kill it, haha.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Found this afternoon...   Found this afternoon... Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 12:04 pm

I did consider it but I typically don't bother spiders or other bugs unless they're inside. The ones outside aren't really bothering anyone (well, except for hornets and wasps hanging around the shed or siding..those, we do usually get rid of because I'm not a fan of being stung just for walking by a nest). I do prefer that the more venomous things be further away from home, though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Kazzy

PostSubject: Re: Found this afternoon...   Found this afternoon... Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2011, 12:41 am

There are lots of different variations for black widows, and I'm 99.9% sure that one is Smile
http://bugguide.net/node/view/26421/bgimage
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Found this afternoon...   Found this afternoon... Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 2:00 pm

Looks like one to us. We had a male and female right beside out back door, and we did kill both of them. There are too many kids in my neighborhood to just put them somewhere else, not to mention they were living right where we hang out and take Leeland outside! We did have to stalk the female for like, two weeks, though! And she had eggs.

If it hadn't been such a poisonous spider, I would have not messed with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found this afternoon...   Found this afternoon... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found this afternoon...
Page 1 of 1