Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wrench08

wrench08

Female Posts : 10

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Empty
PostSubject: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 3:01 pm

I went and picked up my male het pied a little over a week ago...so very thrilled! I've been waiting for this little guy for awhile now. He's still not sure about people, but Im a stay at home mom, so I have lots of time to devote to my babies Smile I told Sandy I would post pics as soon as I got some. Well, Sandy here you go...his first feeding with us and he took two mice! So happy the change didnt upset his feeding any...lol Laughing
Oh by the way, Sandy, I named him Magamba.

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Megamba2

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Megamba4

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Megamba5

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Megamba6

Last edited by QuietTempest on December 12th 2011, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added IMG tags for you -- Sandy ;))
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 3:10 pm

He looks great!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
wrench08

wrench08

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 3:21 pm

The way he eats now, you would have never guessed it took him almost 2 months to start eating regularly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 3:22 pm

The spider I got from Pam was a slow starter, too, but she's a garbage disposal nowadays. LOL
Back to top Go down
wrench08

wrench08

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 4:06 pm

LOL...I'm hoping I can get some extra tanks. I want to get Devins pastel and I'm hoping to get the het albinos from Pam.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 4:41 pm

You're going to be well on your way to needing a rack system or multi-unit enclosure if you're not careful. Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
wrench08

wrench08

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 5:12 pm

Chris has started looking...he is in love with Albinos and I have a soft spot for Spiders, Pastels, Butters....ok for all of them! They are gorgeous! I wouldn't mind getting into it like you and Pam are. I think it would be fun to see what we could all come up with Smile
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 5:21 pm

There are still at least a dozen morphs I'd like to have but they're just way out of my budget or I really want to try to make something of my own using the morphs I do have. Wink
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 4:09 pm

Yeah, I'd like to have a clown, but unfortuantely that's out of my price range for now. Sad Plus, if I ever got a clown, it wouldn't be one of those with all the spots in the gold . . . it would have a VERY reduced pattern. Serpents Den produces some very nice animals in the clown department, but unfortunately, your average clown is out of my price range, so one of his stellar animals definitely is (he's a tad pricey, I think, but with the quality he's producing, I can sort of understand it).

But glad the little guy didn't miss a beat on feeding! cheers The whole clutch seemed to be slow starters (and come to think of it, the whole spider clutch that Sandy's girl came from was too). But they are feeding decently now, at least on mice. My girl pied is stil a VERY fussy eater (she hasn't taken a meal in around 3 weeks), and though the male pied had been feeding very consistently, I attempted to switch him to rat fuzzies this past week, and I think I may have screwed up his schedule. Embarassed He had taken four mouse meals in a row, so I thought it might be good to attempt to switch him . . . I was wrong. Sad Once he'd had the rat fuzzy in there, he didn't want it, and then I guess he was either stressed from having a feeder in there that he didn't want or could just still smell the rat when I offered the mouse. In any case, he didn't feed this past week, so I am going to leave him be for a few days, and just offer a mouse again next week. I'd really like to get him on rats, but if he won't take rats and will take mice, then that's better than him eating nothing. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!   Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally my het pied from Pam and Sandy!
Page 1 of 1