Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1st picture of my pied ball python.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Phoenix

Female Posts : 26

1st picture of my pied ball python. Empty
PostSubject: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 4:56 am

This is the very first picture of my new baby piebald ball python, Princess Lania Sharee. I am also using the same pic for my avatar as itis the best picture I have of any of my snakes & I think she is so pretty. This picture is also courtesy of Garrick DeMeyer of Royal Constrictor Designs, the breeder where she is still at right now. She was hatched out on 07-09-10, so Mr. DeMeyer will finish feeding her out & ship her on Sept. 1 For arrival on Sept.2. This is my very first ball python even tho' I have 21 other snakes. My son did get himself a normal ball python in '96 when he was in high school, & it was a wc. We didn't know that & we also had to force feed it everything it ate til it got to where it regurgitated it all back up. After he had so much trouble with that snake I just shied away from them. I love some of the neat morphs they come in these days.
1st picture of my pied ball python. Piedpriddy

I named her sorta' after my sister that died in May & would have had a birthday Aug.31. Her name was Sharon Lee. I can't wait for her to get here. I hope to get a male next yr. & look forward to breeding in a few yrs. Let me know what ya'll think of P. Lania. Do you think I made a good buy at $850.00? I'm still learning about morphs & pricing, but I think I should have paid more for her. tongue cherry
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 1:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:
This is the very first picture of my new baby piebald ball python, Princess Lania Sharee. I am also using the same pic for my avatar as itis the best picture I have of any of my snakes & I think she is so pretty. This picture is also courtesy of Garrick DeMeyer of Royal Constrictor Designs, the breeder where she is still at right now. She was hatched out on 07-09-10, so Mr. DeMeyer will finish feeding her out & ship her on Sept. 1 For arrival on Sept.2. This is my very first ball python even tho' I have 21 other snakes. My son did get himself a normal ball python in '96 when he was in high school, & it was a wc. We didn't know that & we also had to force feed it everything it ate til it got to where it regurgitated it all back up. After he had so much trouble with that snake I just shied away from them. I love some of the neat morphs they come in these days.
1st picture of my pied ball python. Piedpriddy

I named her sorta' after my sister that died in May & would have had a birthday Aug.31. Her name was Sharon Lee. I can't wait for her to get here. I hope to get a male next yr. & look forward to breeding in a few yrs. Let me know what ya'll think of P. Lania. Do you think I made a good buy at $850.00? I'm still learning about morphs & pricing, but I think I should have paid more for her. tongue cherry

She's beautiful! Smile

Last year females were still going for around $2k and their price has been coming down little by little but $850 is a steal for a little girl!! She has really nice color in her pattern, too! I'm jealous!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 6:44 pm

Embarassed Thanks, I think Mr. DeMeyer just felt sorry for me for bugging him so much about when his pied eggs were going to hatch. I know I can't be fair in my opinion cause I just love her looks, but I do want to look forward to breeding when she is mature & would a pied male be what I will want to go with her? I have only my books mostly to go by on trying to figure out morphs & what makes them. One book says two pieds will make more pieds. Is that true? I read some morphs need to use other het balls to produce what you are striving for. I also would like another female of some other morph (not sure which yet) so what morph would be compatible with a pied male to get good babies? I know I ask too many questions, but you raise balls & know this stuff. I can't learn if you don't know how little I know. Shocker
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2010, 7:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Embarassed Thanks, I think Mr. DeMeyer just felt sorry for me for bugging him so much about when his pied eggs were going to hatch. I know I can't be fair in my opinion cause I just love her looks, but I do want to look forward to breeding when she is mature & would a pied male be what I will want to go with her? I have only my books mostly to go by on trying to figure out morphs & what makes them. One book says two pieds will make more pieds. Is that true? I read some morphs need to use other het balls to produce what you are striving for. I also would like another female of some other morph (not sure which yet) so what morph would be compatible with a pied male to get good babies? I know I ask too many questions, but you raise balls & know this stuff. I can't learn if you don't know how little I know. Shocker

If you can afford it, a pied male would be the best choice to pair with her. Since piebald is a recessive morph, you need both parents to carry the gene. There are homozygous and heterozygous animals when you're talking about recessives. The homo version is the visual morph. The het looks like a normal animal but carries the genetic material and can pass it on to its offspring. When you pair two homozygous animals, all of the offspring will be homozygous for the trait. In your case, get a male pied to pair with your female and when they produce, you'll get 100% pied babies. Smile A het animal is much more affordable if you'd prefer going that route. If you got a het pied male to pair with your female, each egg would have a 50/50 shot at being a pied and any normals that hatch in the group will be considered 100% het pied because one of its parents was a homozygous animal. In a het to het pairing (like mine), each egg has a 25% chance at being a pied and any normals that hatch in the group are considered 66% possible het pied - this is just a percentage placed on the likelihood that the animal is actually a het. You'd have to prove whether or not it was a het through breeding trials when it was older.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 2:03 am

Thanks once again for the info. I plan on getting a pied male next yr. This yr. I wouldn't be able to pay that much after buying P. Lania. If what I read is right males mature faster than females, so she would have a year's head start on him. I know that what you told me is what the book said, but it just seems easier to understand when you explain it. Guess cause you're a real person & a book is inanimate. That doesn't really make sense, but that's how I view it. My biggest problem I see with breeding is going to be letting go of the babies. I know I will fall-in-love with them & won't want to sell any til my house is overrun with 'em! That's luckily a long ways off.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 1:52 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Thanks once again for the info. I plan on getting a pied male next yr. This yr. I wouldn't be able to pay that much after buying P. Lania. If what I read is right males mature faster than females, so she would have a year's head start on him. I know that what you told me is what the book said, but it just seems easier to understand when you explain it. Guess cause you're a real person & a book is inanimate. That doesn't really make sense, but that's how I view it. My biggest problem I see with breeding is going to be letting go of the babies. I know I will fall-in-love with them & won't want to sell any til my house is overrun with 'em! That's luckily a long ways off.

You're welcome. Smile I feel the same way with learning new things. It's easier for me to absorb it all if someone is actually talking me through it or showing me what needs to be done rather than just reading from a manual.

Oh and in regard to the babies.. welcome to my world. Cute faces peeking out of eggs pulls on my heartstrings. lol I want to hold them all back! I know I can't, though, so I just compromise by trying to place them in good homes where I feel they'll receive the care they deserve. I can be really picky about who I sell to. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st picture of my pied ball python.   1st picture of my pied ball python. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st picture of my pied ball python.
Page 1 of 1