Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MaryJane

MaryJane

Female Posts : 83

Update on me Empty
PostSubject: Update on me   Update on me Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey guys! Its been awhile since i made a post here. Thought i would share with you guys whats going on with me. Im engaged!! I cant believe it. We talked about it and decided that we want to stay engaged for another year or so. Im in no rush to married twice and not think it through carefully! I want to make certain this time. We have been living together for a year now and its been great. There are a few issues we are working on but its not the disaster that it was trying to live with Ben.

And were getting ready to buy a house. I bought a mustang this tax season. I was looking for another car because my dodge has been in the shop alot lately. Especially after i took it to walmart to have the oil changed and they put the wrong freaking filter on it and all the oil leaked out while i was driving it!!! So i came across a great deal on a 95 ford mustang convertible. I am going to have sooo much fun driving it this summer, i cant wait! Its a 5.0 Gt, which im told is good, LOL I know nothing about car mechanics. I paid cash for it and my other car will be paid off next year, yeah!

We havent added any more reptile critters to our family yet. We are waiting to get settled in the new house first. We are also going through some legal stuff with lee's ex wife. She is claiming the baby she had recently is Lee's , that she was pregant with his baby before they divorced. But since she cheated on him all the time he dont think it is his.

Anyways, have had a lot going on lately. So i havent been online alot. But things are starting to calm down now so i will get to post more now. I hope everything is okay with you guys!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Update on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on me   Update on me Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 2:38 pm

Hey, MJ!!! I was wondering where you'd disappeared to! Glad to hear things are going so well between you and Lee and congrats on the engagement! glomp
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Update on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on me   Update on me Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 4:42 pm

Conghrats on all the good stuff, and the bad stuff will work itself out. Wink

You'll definitely have fun with the convertible this spring/summer. Wink I love mine. But beware: all this rain we've been having will put your top to the test. LOL Almost all convertibles leak to some extent, and in most cases, there's no complete watertight fix. Invest in some seat covers if it doesn't have leather seats. Wink Also, get you some convertible top cleaner--the kind I have cleans as well as helps to seal it somewhat, and keeps it in good condition. I know from experience how much it costs to replace a top--mine got cut last fall after I'd rushed my hubby to the emergency room, and after my $500 deductible, my insurance is covering a whopping $800 more to fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
MaryJane

MaryJane

Female Posts : 83

Update on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on me   Update on me Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 1:48 pm

Thank you guys! Very Happy What kind of cleaning stuff do you use? So far the only thing that has been done to it was we installed a new radio/cd player. It has had a tune up and oil change. With all the snow we have had lately it needs a bath. I know a guy who does car detailing so i plan on taking it to him. It does have leather interior which i love. Cause of my boys its easier to clean up the messes. With all this rain we have been having the only leak i have discovered so far is with the drivers side window. It isnt lined up right. So it drips a bit where the window rolls up crooked at the top.

Were supposed to go tommorow to look at a 2001 extended cab F250 this guy is wanting to trade me for. That is what i originally wanted was a truck. But i couldnt find one for the amount of money i wanted to spend. Ive been driving the mustang back and forth to work the past week cause my car is in the shop again. I am sooo glad Walmart is footing the bill for all the work it has had to have done. The motor has a knock in it now Crying Im hoping i get it back sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Update on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on me   Update on me Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 8:20 pm

MaryJane wrote:
Thank you guys! Very Happy What kind of cleaning stuff do you use? So far the only thing that has been done to it was we installed a new radio/cd player. It has had a tune up and oil change. With all the snow we have had lately it needs a bath. I know a guy who does car detailing so i plan on taking it to him. It does have leather interior which i love. Cause of my boys its easier to clean up the messes. With all this rain we have been having the only leak i have discovered so far is with the drivers side window. It isnt lined up right. So it drips a bit where the window rolls up crooked at the top.

Were supposed to go tommorow to look at a 2001 extended cab F250 this guy is wanting to trade me for. That is what i originally wanted was a truck. But i couldnt find one for the amount of money i wanted to spend. Ive been driving the mustang back and forth to work the past week cause my car is in the shop again. I am sooo glad Walmart is footing the bill for all the work it has had to have done. The motor has a knock in it now Crying Im hoping i get it back sometime this week.

I can't remember the name of the top cleaner I use, but it comes in a white spray bottle (I bought mine at O'Reilly's--it was called Convertible Top Cleaner). You spray it on towel and rub it into a clean dry top, then moisten a towel with water and scrub it in. Then you're done. It really does help to condition the top and keep it looking new, plus it helps keep it from wearing.

And good thing with the leather seats--I wish mine had them. I'm usually not a huge fan due to the seats burning your legs during the really hot months, but in a convertible it's almost a neccessity. My top leaks on both sides of the car, where the top meets the windows and the top of the windshield (I think in the same place as yours), though my windows aren't off track or anything. But I'm lucky enough so that it only leaks if it comes a very hard rain--light rain and it doesn't leak. Keep a spare bath/beach towel in the trunk. Wink

But I really love having my convertible. If it's not raining, and you need to put something in the back seat (groceries, canned drinks, Walmart bags, etc.), you can just put the top down, and throw everything in. Put top back up if it's cold. Wink They're great during the nice warm summer nights too. We went to Gatlinburg last year for the 4th of July fireworks, parked in a parking lot back off the main drag there, and sat on the back of the rear seats. It was nice--built in seats, and didn't have to bring a bunch, dig 'em out, put 'em back. LOL Going to the drive-in movies during the summer is great too with a convertible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
Sponsored content

Update on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update on me   Update on me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on me
Page 1 of 1