Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding Projects? =)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boggylizard

Breeding Projects?  =) Empty
PostSubject: Well we had an early suprise hatching tonight!!!   Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 12:41 am

We were checking on the temp. and moisture levels in our incubator, and when we opened it up realized that one of our leo eggs had hatched! I actually wasn't expecting it for another week or 2 at least but it is nice and healthy!!! Here are a few pics!!!
Breeding Projects?  =) 100_4873
Breeding Projects?  =) 100_4874
We will post some more as the others hatch. Not expecting them for at least another week but who knows, we thought this one was early.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Projects? =)   Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 1:28 am

Awwww!! What a cutie!!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
boggylizard

PostSubject: Ok so open mouth insert foot is appropiate for this situation!   Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 3:44 pm

So we had the other 2 gecko eggs hatch today! I guess they made up their minds that they wanted to come early...or maybe I need to revise my hatch dates. I dunno but they are all very healthy! Here are some pics!
Breeding Projects?  =) 100_4883
Breeding Projects?  =) 100_4882
Breeding Projects?  =) 100_4885
Back to top Go down
beardie_mom

Female Posts : 21

PostSubject: congratulations    Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 12:49 pm

hey dumb question for you how long are leos pregnant before they lay eggs one of mine was suposably pregnant and ive had her about a month how long does it take to lay eggs? then if she does what temp do i incubate at and for how long? is there anyway to tell if she is pregnant?
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Projects? =)   Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 5:32 pm

Well Here is a little info:
Gestation Period
30 days

Incubation Time
6 to 12 weeks

Incubation Temp
80 o to get females, 91 o for males, 86 o for both

As far as telling if she is prego sometime you can see the eggs in her belly through the skin but if you not careful you may mistake her insides as eggs too.
Back to top Go down
beardie_mom

Female Posts : 21

PostSubject: thanks    Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 12:29 am

i dont see anything but i have a nesting box just in case
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding Projects? =)   Breeding Projects?  =) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding Projects? =)
Page 1 of 1