Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!

Go down 
+3
pachillaliz
QuietTempest
boggylizard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
boggylizard

Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Empty
PostSubject: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2010, 7:59 pm

Ok I'm trying to find out what would work better for everyone as far as what day we should do the get together on. Either the 11th or the 18th. I'm also going to have a small get together here on New Years Eve too. I don't wanna be out driving with all the crazy drunks so I figured I would bring the party to us. lol So Everjust let me know which day would work best. Also we are going to do a taco and burrito night on whichever night we decide to do it on so bring stuff to make tacos and burritos. Hope everyone can make it.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 12:58 am

The food sounds wonderful. Laughing

What would you like us to bring?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2010, 1:34 am

Ok so this is what I have come up with so far!

We are going to do the party on the 11th of December at 7. If you need directions send me a pm and I'll send you the info. Anyone is welcome to come just no drama. If you would like to drink that is fine...but drink responsibly. I hae a 2 yr old and I know other ppl will have kids there so I don't want anything to get out of hand. No that that is said and out of the way....We are doing this as a taco/burrito/mexican food/any food you wanna bring party!! lol All i ask is everyone bring enough meat(cooked or uncooked, we can cook it here) to feed your family then if you would bring something else like cheese, sour cream, drinks, salsa...you get the point. We will probally also hae a fire so if anyone wants smores bring those items with you too.

We are also going to be doing a gift exchange. Anyone that would like to choose a gift must bring a gift (wrapped) once everyone has arrived then whoever brought a gift may pick one. They can be gag gifts, or nice gifts, food, candy but lets try to keep it around $5. That way no one goes over board. I will also be doing something small for the kids too as far as gifts go. I really hope everyone can make it out. It should be a lot of fun like all the other get togethers we have had.

I was also thinking to that maybe we could do a collection of stuff like old blankets, chew toys, dog or cat food and maybe donate it to a local animal shelter. I know with the holidays there is soo much going on and we hae other things on our mind, but If anyone is cleaning out your closets to make room for new stuff this christmas and happen to find stuff that they might be able to use I'm sure they would appriciate it alot. I could even do it as a donation from the forum to kinda get the name out there and maybe draw in more people to the forum. Just let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 12:38 am

So I'm going to have some tortillas, sour cream, salsa, and I think I may make a mexican lasagna. I may have a few other things but I'm going to try to have a little bit of everything. But feel free to bring anything you want. Oh I think I also have mexican rice too.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 12:46 am

What's a Mexican lasagna? I'm intrigued. Drool
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 7:53 am

you'll just have to wait and see lol...Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 8:33 am

LOL Okay

I'm not sure exactly what to make yet. I was thinking I'd make up a fajita steak and chicken mix or a big batch of seasoned ground beef for taco fillings. Razz

Who else is planning to come out and are you bringing anything?
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 4:43 pm

I plan to come to the party, and I am bringing Devin. Does that count as a dish? Lol. Wink

I will try to think of some food or candy to bring. Maybe some drinks? Dessert is ever so important...

I'm trying to badger Eric into showing up as well. Maybe we need to start picking people up for these events...aka kidnapping.

P.S. If we're having tacos I guess we will need sour cream, shredded cheese, olives, etc.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 5:00 pm

No No Devin doesn't count as a dish. lol. I'm sure he could eat a whole dish though, the way guys eat! Smile Drinks sound good. And yes we will need sourr cream, cheese, ect. I will have some but not sure how much depending on what it takes to make my mexican lasagna lol.

Well I hope Eric and everyone else can make it. I love the get togethers we have had so far and I hope that we will have many more to come.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 5:38 pm

Tomatoes. Don't forget the tomatoes. tongue
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 10:17 pm

I will try to bring a few drinks and some things like olives and shredded cheese. We'll still need salsa and sour cream...I can get these things but only one each cause it's bound to cost a lot all together, lol. Sure it wouldn't be bad if other people brought some toppings too.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 10:22 pm

I can run to Food City once I'm there if we find that we lack something. It's not a problem at all. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 10:45 pm

We should have a drunken trip to Food City...and by drunken I mean on sprite. Lol!
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 11:03 pm

Drew and them are coming and said to let them know what to bring that someone else isn't. He's already bringing tortilla wraps, and some sort of meat, and probally into chips.

Our friend Chris is probally coming to and said he will grab some drinks and some queso dip.

Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 11:35 pm

What kind of meat is Drew going to bring? I don't want to bring the same thing. lol
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 9:37 am

not sure, I'll find out
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 7:41 pm

Well, I believe we'll be bringing a big batch of seasoned ground beef filling. I'm not sure if I'll do fajitas along with that or not. Probably bring along diced tomato and shredded lettuce as well unless someone else was planning to bring that.
Back to top Go down
MaryJane

MaryJane

Female Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 10:36 am

Well were going to try to come. I sent a pm for the info a few minutes ago. We both work today but we get off at 5pm. I will brown some meat for tacos/burritoes. We love mexican food! This sounds like fun. My kids are with me so along with Lee they will be coming. I know animals and food don't mix but is anyone bringing there animals? Lee was asking me.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 6:49 pm

I think a few will probably be bringing some animals out. Smile I'm not sure if I'm going to or not. I'm waiting for Brian to get back home so I can get everyone headed towards Maryville. I had hoped to be there already. lol
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 7:14 pm

Well if anyone else needs directions call me at 982-0930! I don't want anyone to miss out cause they couldn't get ahold of us!!! Everyone can head this way if they would like!! Smile
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 6:02 pm

Had a lot of fun! Thanks for hosting again, Rob and Gina! The decorations and food were great.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2010, 5:05 pm

Yep, we had a blast, too! Thanks for putting up with us Rob and Gina!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
rabid-otter

rabid-otter

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 11:47 pm

It was nice to meet so many of you and put faces to user names!

Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 11:53 pm

We had a good time, too, and enjoyed meeting new people. Smile Thanks so much, Rob & Gina!
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2010, 11:58 pm

I'm so glad that everyone had a great time!! I love having people over! You guys are welcome to come by anytime! Can't wait to start planning the next event!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!   Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas party and Taco and Burrito night!!!
Page 1 of 1