Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trip to Rainforest Adventures

Go down 
+5
Ehatcher
HerpAlicous
QuietTempest
DaganGecko
pachillaliz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pachillaliz

Trip to Rainforest Adventures Empty
PostSubject: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 4:08 pm

Ok so we are planning a trip to Rainforest Adventures Sunday Feb. 6th. We'll probably have to meet up around 12:00 or 1:00 to make sure everyone who has church is able to go, and we can't be there any later than 5:00 p.m. since that's when they close, but I think kick off for the super bowl is at 7:30, so that will give everyone plenty of time to get home or to my house for a super bowl party(see other post for details about the party after R.A.).
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 4:12 pm

Sounds good. Where would we meet to leave, for those of us who want to carpool/ride with someone else?
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 5:36 pm

Sounds good to me. I need to make sure Brian knows. lol
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 5:41 pm

There is always my house Dagan. We will have a vehicle by then so you could always ride with us.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 10:57 pm

Yeay! I'm so glad we're getting to go! I don't know what we are doing for the Superbowl yet, but I am glad to be going. Hope no one minds Leeland coming- I think he'll love it!
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:05 pm

Well McKayla will be with us and I'm sure they will enjoy eachothers company! Smile
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:09 pm

Oh, I bet!
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:24 pm

Me and the wife are going.

this may be helpful to everyone
http://www.rfadventures.com/RainForest%20Coupon.htm
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:53 pm

We might wind up with at least 10 people, and if so, we should get a group discount. If not, then yes, Ehatcher's link will be quite useful to everyone! It's good for everyone in your group! The hubby and I have season passes that are good until Aug. 15th, 2011, but people who went to the annual reptile sale at Skins n Fins, remember that you might have a free pass for one or two people. Wink

I am gonna email Jim and let him know we're coming, see what he says. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:55 pm

With us it will be us and possibly 4 other ppl so far, and Kayla said that she will probally go and possibly Tish and shane too.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 11:59 pm

We have the free passes we plan on using. Just wanted to let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 12:41 am

Jim emailed me back, and he said as long as we have 10 people, we'll get a group rate (but I do need to check with him and see if that's 10 paying people, or if those with free passes also count). Also, if we have at least 10 people and show up by 1:00, he can do a live show for us! Everyone let me know and see if it will be possible to leave from here around 12:15 (that would give us around 45 minutes to drive to Pigeon Forge), we should be there by one. Everyone who has church that morning, let me know if that is not doable for you guys. I am going to email him back and see if he could hold it until 1:30 since it's Sunday and people DO have church, but I don't know how that's going to turn out just yet. Wink
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 12:09 pm

Sounds good to me. As I've said before though my plans may change if I get a job. : x
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 2:26 pm

Sounds good. As it stands, I believe all four of us will be going but I have free passes for Brian and myself so we'd only be paying for the kids. I sent an invite to my brother and his family but haven't heard anything back from them.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2011, 8:42 pm

OK, Jim emailed me back.

We will have to have at least 10 paying people in order for those who are paying to get a group rate. So if anyone who responds can let us know how many are attending, how many of those have free passes, and how many will be paying, that would be great; then we can let people know whether it will cost the standard $11.99 each/adults or $6.99 each/kids (unless you have the internet coupon), or if we will get a group rate on those who are paying.

Also, if we don't make the 1:00 show, we won't get one. Sad He said they do a 1:00 show on Sundays only if they have enough people to give one, and if we aren't there by 1:00 for the show, they'll just opt not to have one. So everyone who will be going to church that morning, please let us know if that won't be doable for you (again, we'll need to leave from here at 12:15 in order to make it to Rainforest by 1:00). However, Jim did say (and I quote) "Tell your people to skip church and if they turn into a pillar of salt I will take full responsibility." LOL Wink However, those of you who just really do not want to skip church (and I completely understand), please let us know if you can make it by 12:15 to leave. If it's just a couple of people who don't need carpool rides, we might be able to head on up, and those few can come on after church? Just let us know what works out for everyone!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2011, 11:13 pm

Just bumping this thread to remind everyone about the trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 7:22 pm

OK, guys, no one let me know whether or not they could make it by a particular time after church or other obligations, or if they needed carpool rides, so here's the plan:

We are going to meet at Rainforest Adventures since it might not be a great idea for out-of-towners to have to drive to Maryville first (visit rfadventures.com for directions if needed) at 12:30 p.m. We'd rather not forfeit the live show for everyone on the account of a few people who might not be able to make it early enough (sorry, I'd try to plan around it more if someone would let me know something). If you are planning to show up late and need a ride, contact others who are going for certain and see what you can work out. Up to 2 people from Maryville/Alcoa can ride with me if they are willing to leave by 11:30 a.m. (as I am meeting up with my Mother-in-law, who drives slowly, so we need extra time to get there); I am a smoker, so if cigarette smoke bothers you, you might want to opt for another ride (but this can work both ways--if you are a smoker, you might be happy to ride in a car that allows smoking Very Happy ). The live show will be at 1:00 if we have enough people there at that time, so even if you are going to be late, come on up anyway, as we will probably be there for a couple of hours at least; you might still catch part of the show, and can still enjoy the exhibits and chat with everyone about reptiles.

Hopefully this plan will work out for everyone, and hopefully it doesn't offend anyone, but if it does, I'm truly sorry--when organizing a group, we have to go more on what works best for the majority of the group rather than individuals. Hopefully everyone can make it, hang out, talk reptiles, and have a good time! See you Sunday! Smile
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2011, 8:56 pm

If all goes as planned, we will have ten paying people in our group alone. Should not be a problem getting there by 1:00. I wanted to be there at least that early anyway so we will have plenty of time and be able to get back for the game.
We also know a different way to get there that doesn't include going through all the construction. If I can figure it out I will post a link to the map on mapquest.
http://mapq.st/gZHJFR
Hopefully this link works. This way saves alot of time.
This does of course start at my house, but if you are going down Chapman Highway to get to Sevierville, it will still be the same.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 2:26 am

boggylizard wrote:
If all goes as planned, we will have ten paying people in our group alone. Should not be a problem getting there by 1:00. I wanted to be there at least that early anyway so we will have plenty of time and be able to get back for the game.
We also know a different way to get there that doesn't include going through all the construction. If I can figure it out I will post a link to the map on mapquest.
http://mapq.st/gZHJFR
Hopefully this link works. This way saves alot of time.
This does of course start at my house, but if you are going down Chapman Highway to get to Sevierville, it will still be the same.

The live show there is supposed to be at 1 so try to get there a bit before then. Smile
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 3:50 pm

I work till four
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 10:31 pm

Good news guys! Jim just messaged me on Fcebook, and his boss said any KARK members can get in free on Sunday! So if those of you would like free access, please email me or Facebook message me with your first and last names so I can get you on the list. However, you must be a member of this forum in order to get a free pass (sorry, but I'm not sure if others are elligible or not for those of you bringing guests who are not members of this forum). The list will not be given out to the general public; I will merely forward your first and last name to Jim Dykes at Rainforest Adeventures via private messaging on Facebook, so no worries about people having your full name that you don't want having it.

Btw, Sandy (and Brian and children), Rob and Gina (and Makayla <---not sure if I spelled that right) I have already added to the private list between Jim and myself. Anyone else who's a member that wants to go free (save your free passes for a later date!), let me know. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 10:49 pm

That's great!! Thanks so much, Pam! I know you had to be pulling some strings for us. Smile
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 10:56 pm

I think it was really Jim Dykes pulling a few strings for us, so everyone thank him at the live show. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2011, 11:18 pm

PythonPassion wrote:
I think it was really Jim Dykes pulling a few strings for us, so everyone thank him at the live show. Wink

Absolutely. Smile
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 12:11 am

If there's anyway that Brent and I could take advantage of that, it would be awesome! We do have the passes to use, though, if need be. We share this account, although I'm the one that uses it the most. We're Brent and Hannah Siefken.
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 12:12 am

And that's so awesome of them to work out!
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 3:01 am

Got you guys added, Hannah. Wink

I also added Eric Hatcher, since I know his first and last name. Smile And Shane, though I don't know his gf/wife's name.
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 9:01 am

I think Drew may come and he is a member on here but doesn't have internet right now. Also Lisa Vineyard and Melanie Vigil I believe is coming to they are also members but I haven't seen them online yet.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 12:49 pm

I did go through Facebook KARK members, and added Melanie Vigil

But does anyone know Drew's last name?

I will also add Lisa Vineyard to the list.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 12:53 pm

OK, here's what Jim said:
Quote :
All K.A.R.K members and their immediate family are free on Sunday. Immediate meaning spouse-companion, and kids. I will do a show at 1:00 and if you would like to use the bleachers to hold a meeting before or after the show you are more than welcome. Just have them mention that they are K.AR.K members at the door. The only thing I worry about is that non-members will pose as members when they hear about the free admission. We have been getting a lot of unwanted animals through the front door and from confiscations. If members ever have any heat tape, thermostats, tanks,etc that they may want to donate it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 2:11 pm

No one added me??? Crying
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2011, 3:26 pm

Dagan, check your Facebook . . . I added you. Wink

Btw, since we don't really have an "official" list of members, Jim said to just let the front desk know when you come in that you are a member of KARK, and you and your immediate family (spouse/companion and children) will get free admission. So I don't know if we need the list anymore. LOL
Back to top Go down
RCampbell

RCampbell

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2011, 6:38 pm

It was very nice to be able to put some faces with names.

I enjoyed talking with several of you, and look forward to future conversations.

-Riley
Back to top Go down
http://wwwmcampbellbiological.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2011, 7:52 pm

I had a good time and got to meet new faces, which is always a plus. Thanks for coming out, everyone. Smile We'll definitely have to do this again sometime soon.

I saw many of you guys with cameras. I expect to see pics up asap! Not having a working camera is no fun at all. lol
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2011, 10:02 pm

I had fun too! Glad we could all get together, and glad to meet you too Riley! Wink

I'll start a new thread for pics. Wink
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2011, 1:41 am

Loooads of fun. We must do it again. Every month! Haha. No, really, maybe we could get involved in a volunteer sort of way. I'd love to help clean out some cages or something, get behind the scenes!
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2011, 3:52 pm

It was a ton of fun! It was good seeing everyone, and I know Brent really enjoyed meeting everyone finally, and Leeland loved the extra attention, lol!
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2011, 7:56 pm

DaganGecko wrote:
Loooads of fun. We must do it again. Every month! Haha. No, really, maybe we could get involved in a volunteer sort of way. I'd love to help clean out some cages or something, get behind the scenes!
There really isn't a whole lot behind the scenes--most everything that they have is on display. But it would be great to help out some, and I'm sure Jim would appreciate the help since its usually just him that takes care of everything there. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Rainforest Adventures   Trip to Rainforest Adventures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trip to Rainforest Adventures
Page 1 of 1