Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Building and Glowing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Building and Glowing Empty
PostSubject: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 7:41 pm

Some of my females are glowing and are definitely building now. Unfortunately, my camera is dead. Nothing to be done for it. The lens piece is stuck in a closed position and the camera won't power on. *sigh*

Freckles is currently a pretty toffee color and blushing all over. She's getting huge and lingering on the cool end of her enclosure. She stopped eating around two weeks ago. I've been pairing her with Dragon (mojave) fairly regularly though I did try her with Makalo early on - never saw anything happen then. I'm looking forward to whatever she produces because it may lead to a burgundy or burgundy combo project in the future. Smile

Dewshine actually looks a lot like a mojave right now because her colors are so faded now. She's also getting really chunky but has been staying over the heat tape. She stopped eating about two weeks ago. I don't think she's ovulated yet because I've been keeping tabs on all the girls regularly. I suppose I could have missed something, though. She's been paired with both Makalo (the submissive pastel) and Dragon (mojave).

Ailynn is definitely getting big. I had to get her out and show Brianna just how big her baby has gotten. Her colors still look fairly normal but her head is starting to look more faded. She's still feeding normally. She was paired early on with Makalo (pastel) and then with Dragon (mojave). We'll just have to see what happens.

Kyriel isn't glowing yet but is getting chunkier. She hasn't stopped feeding yet. She went late last season and I expect she'll go a bit later than the rest again this year. She's been paired solely with Hercules, Pam's piebald.

Henna is going into a shed cycle right now and it's kind of hard to tell if she's glowing yet or not. She's already pale. I'm not even sure what to look for in a glowing albino. She is getting bigger, though, and stopped eating a week ago. She's been paired solely with Alchemy, Pam's het albino. Wink

I wish I could get pics of these girls but can't at the moment. Oh well.

I'll start palpating the girls in another week or so and see if I can count any follicles.

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 8:06 pm

Congrats!! Hope everyone takes this year! When you come by to get crickets again would you mind palpating mine and if you feel anything show me what you are feeling PLEASE lol! Both my girls are looking rather large!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 8:14 pm

pachillaliz wrote:
Congrats!! Hope everyone takes this year! When you come by to get crickets again would you mind palpating mine and if you feel anything show me what you are feeling PLEASE lol! Both my girls are looking rather large!

I don't mind at all. Will you be home tomorrow evening? I may be able to drop by to get bugs and check on your girls then. Smile
Back to top Go down
pachillaliz

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 8:59 pm

We will be home probally by 6 or so. I think we are gonna go in to the shop at 9 and get done by probally 5. Then I'll have to close up and count down the drawer and lock up so I think it should be 5:30-6 at the latest that we will be home.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 9:30 pm

pachillaliz wrote:
We will be home probally by 6 or so. I think we are gonna go in to the shop at 9 and get done by probally 5. Then I'll have to close up and count down the drawer and lock up so I think it should be 5:30-6 at the latest that we will be home.

Okay, I'll give you a call and aim to drop by around 7. We won't be able to stay for long since I don't like the kids staying up late on school nights. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 3:32 pm

Nice, Sandy! I'm still hoping for mojaves. If you don't get a mojave clutch it would be so disappointing. : P Sounds like you have a lot going on though.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 4:28 pm

Yeah, if all of these girls go on to produce clutches, I'll have my hands full when babies hatch. lol

It's something I'm really looking forward to, though. Smile

*Edit*

I checked on the girls earlier and Freckles might be ovulating. It's so hard to tell. Just making a note for myself to look back on later. Wink
Back to top Go down
HerpAlicous

HerpAlicous

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 12:22 am

So exciting! Crossing my fingers for a bunch of knocked up snakes, lol!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 1:56 am

Okay, I'm something in the area of 98% certain that Freckles is ovulating and I'm going to go ahead and guesstimate that she may lay eggs around mid March. Razz (Now watch me eat my words come March...heh)
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 9:13 pm

LOL Congrats on all the goings-on besides our joint stuff! Wink

It is hard to tell sometimes when they are ovulating . . . for some of the girls, just building is huge, and you look and say "That's got to be an ov" only to see them get even bigger in a few weeks! Wink Azrielle did that to me one year. I would have sworn she ovulated, and then a few weeks later figured out she hadn't. haha

I don't know what to look for as far as the glow on an albino either. Wink I wonder how I'm going to be able to tell on my ghost . . . they claim normals can sometimes resemble ghosts when they are glowing . . . OK, so then what do ghosts look like?! Ghosty ghosts?! LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2011, 9:58 pm

PythonPassion wrote:
LOL Congrats on all the goings-on besides our joint stuff! Wink

It is hard to tell sometimes when they are ovulating . . . for some of the girls, just building is huge, and you look and say "That's got to be an ov" only to see them get even bigger in a few weeks! Wink Azrielle did that to me one year. I would have sworn she ovulated, and then a few weeks later figured out she hadn't. haha

I don't know what to look for as far as the glow on an albino either. Wink I wonder how I'm going to be able to tell on my ghost . . . they claim normals can sometimes resemble ghosts when they are glowing . . . OK, so then what do ghosts look like?! Ghosty ghosts?! LMAO

Thanks, Pam! Wink

Henna should be shedding any day now. Alchemy already shed and I tossed him back in with her and they locked almost immediately. I really need to get another camera asap so I can try to keep a record of photos to look back on and figure out what to look for in a glowing albino. lol

All I can think of would be the side blushing. I know that on my normal girls, they blush like crazy when they're glowing - especially along the sides of the neck and top of the head. I guess I'll just look for spontaneous paleness in Henna that wasn't there before...? So confusing. I'm sure it can't be any easier (maybe even harder) in a ghost. lol
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2011, 7:40 pm

I know the glowing girls can be kinda hard to photograph sometimes--they tend to put off a glare of some sort when they glow. Maybe I should just try to take a bunch of pics of the ghost? And if she glares she's glowing? LOL Hopefully we'll both figure it out and manage to get some shots of it, at least for future reference. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 3:09 am

I'm unhappy with the camera I got last week.. it's just not working out. Before I take it back, though, I did get a pic of Freckles since she just shed (post ovulation shed).

Building and Glowing Sany0050j

I think she'll lay eggs a few weeks from now.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear that you don't like your new camera, but it's good that you can take it back.

She definitely looks very, very light!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 1:15 pm

Part of the lightness is the camera. She's definitely glowing and very pale compared to her normal coloration, but the camera was just screwing things up - colors, exposure, clearness... I'm glad to be rid of it. I just placed an order for a Canon Powershot SD1300 IS. I found a really nice one on Amazon and played around with a floor model at Office Depot this morning. I think this one will be much better for me than what I returned. It was a Sanyo T1495 and while all the features are impressive, it was just more problematic than anything.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 1:47 pm

I'm starting to hate my camera. The colors come out odd no matter what I do. :/
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 9:51 pm

Nice! She looks fat already . . . here's to hoping for a big pile of pearly whites!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2011, 11:05 pm

Dewshine -
I'm not sure if she has ovulated yet or not. I don't think that she has but I could have missed it. I haven't seen her shed recently so I'm just watching her grow a little fatter each day and waiting for her to go into a shed cycle so I can start counting days. Her blushing is amazing right now. I love seeing the girls when they "glow". The changes are incredible.

Building and Glowing Img0055oe

Freckles -
She ovulated Feb 21st so I expect her to lay her clutch a little later this month. Smile I can't really palpate her to get any idea of how many eggs to expect. For some reason, I've had lousy luck palpating any of the girls this time around. I'm expecting at least four eggs from all of the females but it's really anyone's guess at this point.

Building and Glowing Img0049nz

Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2011, 1:02 am

WOW! Dewshine looks amazing in that pic! Love the glowing head . . . it really jumps out at you! My ghost has shed now (pre-ov), but she really doesn't look to be glowing to me . . . ? But then, I don't knwo what to look for. rofl One of my normal girls (Azrielle, the one bred to the pastel) is going into her pre-ov shed. Looks like you'll have eggs on the ground long before me this year Sandy!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 8:50 pm

Dewshine shed today so I'm starting the countdown to her lay date. Wink Guesstimating late April or early May.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 4:11 pm

Dewshine is now at 14 days post ovulation shed and she looks miserable. I got a short video clip of her earlier. She seems to be adjusting eggs and breathing heavily. Poor thing. I know she'll feel so much better after the eggs are out.

Ignore the banter in the background. Brianna had a friend over and they were talking about their Littlest Pet Shop toys. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building and Glowing   Building and Glowing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building and Glowing
Page 1 of 1