Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

problem eaters.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bowmansreptiles

Male Posts : 46

problem eaters..... Empty
PostSubject: problem eaters.....   problem eaters..... Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 7:49 pm

So my red tail hasn't ate in 6 weeks now and my female bp hasn't eaten in 4 weeks. I'm feeding f/t and have been for a long while now, but it seems ever since I got the male bp neither one has been interested in eating. Any tips tricks suggestions or methods would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: problem eaters.....   problem eaters..... Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 4:11 am

bowmansreptiles wrote:
So my red tail hasn't ate in 6 weeks now and my female bp hasn't eaten in 4 weeks. I'm feeding f/t and have been for a long while now, but it seems ever since I got the male bp neither one has been interested in eating. Any tips tricks suggestions or methods would be greatly appreciated.

When I've had finicky feeders, I've scaled back in size. I had a female that wouldn't eat rats because a crazy zombie rat bit her. She refused to eat rats for weeks and then I offered a mouse instead. It didn't take long to move her back up to rat crawlers and weanlings and gradually made our way back up to her usual medium sized rat meals.

How old are they? Maybe pheromones in the air and kicking them off feed? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
bowmansreptiles

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: problem eaters.....   problem eaters..... Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 1:18 pm

I'm guessing the red tail is about 6 months old and the female is about 2 years old. I've been trying to feed fuzzy mice to the red tail, when I first got him he was eating hopper mice but the pet store by us doesn't sell hoppers so I've been feeding 2 fuzzys, and the female has been on small rats for about 6 months now
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: problem eaters.....   problem eaters..... Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 1:37 pm

bowmansreptiles wrote:
I'm guessing the red tail is about 6 months old and the female is about 2 years old. I've been trying to feed fuzzy mice to the red tail, when I first got him he was eating hopper mice but the pet store by us doesn't sell hoppers so I've been feeding 2 fuzzys, and the female has been on small rats for about 6 months now

Hmm.. I would double-check their enclosure's specs and make sure everything is as it should be. Look over the animals as well and see that there aren't any signs of illness or parasites.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problem eaters.....   problem eaters..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problem eaters.....
Page 1 of 1