Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

controlling temp on rack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bpfreak

bpfreak

Male Posts : 21

controlling temp on rack Empty
PostSubject: controlling temp on rack   controlling temp on rack Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 10:44 pm

i have a 5 shelf home made rack that i use a hydrafarm tstat and it has been working great well tonight i was messing with the probe since i put it on the inside of the tub miss understood the diy and put it on the heat tape directly and it jumped up from 89 to 110 in like 2.2 seconds so i unplugged the heat tape and let it cool back down to 91 and thats what i have it set at now. I am using a acurite thermometer and its saying the hot side is at 80.8 and dropping slowly and my thermostat is saying its at 93.3 and off and dropping back down to 88.8 and then it will cut back on and go up to 91.0 cut off and continue to climb up to 93.3 b4 it starts dropping back down how to get the inside of tub back up to proper temps without having to run the heat tape back up to 110 just to get the inside to 89 thank you
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: controlling temp on rack   controlling temp on rack Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2011, 1:47 pm

I have my probe attached directly to the heat tape with aluminum tape. I like to keep my warm end around 89-90F so I have to set the thermostat to 93F in order to reach that. Check the probe and make sure it's securely attached to your heat tape. I'd also throw another thermometer in the tub to get a second reading to compare with the acurite. Otherwise, maybe the fluctuation is due to the thermostat itself. I'm not familiar with that model.
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
bpfreak

bpfreak

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: controlling temp on rack   controlling temp on rack Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 2:01 am

thank you i have the probe directly taped to the heat tape using aluminum tape and i have my thermostat set at 85 for breeding but im thinking my female is a male so im not sure and i only have 1 thermometer at the moment and im not sure about it so im going to go get another one in a few days
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: controlling temp on rack   controlling temp on rack Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2011, 3:19 pm

bpfreak wrote:
thank you i have the probe directly taped to the heat tape using aluminum tape and i have my thermostat set at 85 for breeding but im thinking my female is a male so im not sure and i only have 1 thermometer at the moment and im not sure about it so im going to go get another one in a few days

85? That's really low.

I'd be happy to sex your snakes for you. I think I'm going to be in Pigeon Forge on Tuesday and will be visiting family on Thursday but any other day this week I would be happy to meet with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: controlling temp on rack   controlling temp on rack Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2011, 11:55 pm

My probe is attached directly to the heat tape that is under foil tape. I use thin(er) tubs and I have my thermostat set at 96* for leos.. Makes for 93-94* on the bottom of the tub in the rack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: controlling temp on rack   controlling temp on rack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

controlling temp on rack
Page 1 of 1