Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Ball Python

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2010, 10:36 pm

So this is basically the same post I made on Python Passion. Not sure how to make things different from one forum to the next when I have all the same pets. Haha. Wink

-

Yay! I am so excited because I finally got a ball python. I was at the Atlanta Repticon today because I am visiting my grandmother here in GA. I almost didn't get to go because she had to stay in the hospital for a while.

My plan was to purchase a Mojave morph, but they only had one or two in the whole show, both sold! I saw a few affordable snakes like pastels, but ultimately I just want to wait on the "big purchase" until there are more choices.

Instead I browsed all of the normals in the whole building and found a bright yellow little female for twenty bucks. She might have been cheap, but she is very special! I have missed having a bp, and she is so pretty that I wonder what else went into her normal traits, haha.

Here is "Hot Wheels," aka "Wheels" for short. Wink

New Ball Python DSCF7210

New Ball Python DSCF7206
(That's not a kink--she's just positioned weirdly. Don't worry, I checked!)

With flash--
New Ball Python DSCF7226

She is very yellow in person. I wish I could show you a pic of her next to another normal for comparison.

Sorry for the pic quality...I can't crop because my aunt and uncle have a computer from 1998. :Smile
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 1:17 am

Awww she's a cutie. Wink

Did you have a good time at Repticon?
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 3:30 am

Haha, don't worry. I typically type it up once on one forum, and copy/paste on the each of the others I visit. LOL I tweak depending on the conversation for eac forum if need be, but it's basically the same thing. Wink

Very pretty addition! You'll be bit by the ball bug before you know it and have 10-15 of 'em. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 8:50 am

I had an awesome time! I am told that the Atlanta Repticon is fairly small as far as they go, but it was pretty packed. I had a hard time getting to the tables that I wanted to. Of course, I took TONS of pictures to show you guys later, and you may be kicking me at some of the cheap ball python prices I skipped out on. The thing is I really had in mind what I wanted and couldn't find it, so I didn't want to spend 100 or 150 on a morph that I hadn't planned for. 20 for the pretty normal female seemed like a good starting place anyway! And hey, normals are cute too. Wink

This one guy had a huuuge blackthroat monitor that he would let people have their pictures taken with for five bucks. I didn't pay though, just stole a pic. Wink

New Ball Python DSCF7081

It was like being next to a dinosaur!

Anyway I plan to upload all of my photos once I get home and can crop and resize them. Wink
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 11:07 am

Very cool! lol

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics! The only reptile shows I've been to were Kentucky (Louisville) in 2001 and North Carolina (Raleigh) in 2008. I would love for a group of us to all go to one of the shows. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 12:48 pm

We are planning on going down to Florida in August for the big International Reptile Breeders Expo in the Ocean Center in Daytona. We used to live down there and went to all the Repticons we could (Orlando, Tampa, etc...) We were also purchasing for a shop at the time we were managing in Orlando. There is nothing more fun than going to buy several hundred dollars worth of herps and not have to pay for them. Sure we had to sell them in the end but we still got to check them out and care for them before they sold. We also would buy them if we were interested at killer prices, so that was nice too... Anyway, congrats on the new ball. She is beautiful! And anyone planning on going to Daytona this year let us know. We are going to fly down and drive back so we can bring back all our purchases and all the free stuff they give away. Hope to see someone we know from here. If lodging is a problem we might be able to help a few people out with that too. We have alot of peeps in that area..
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 1:23 pm

boggylizard wrote:
We are planning on going down to Florida in August for the big International Reptile Breeders Expo in the Ocean Center in Daytona. We used to live down there and went to all the Repticons we could (Orlando, Tampa, etc...) We were also purchasing for a shop at the time we were managing in Orlando. There is nothing more fun than going to buy several hundred dollars worth of herps and not have to pay for them. Sure we had to sell them in the end but we still got to check them out and care for them before they sold. We also would buy them if we were interested at killer prices, so that was nice too... Anyway, congrats on the new ball. She is beautiful! And anyone planning on going to Daytona this year let us know. We are going to fly down and drive back so we can bring back all our purchases and all the free stuff they give away. Hope to see someone we know from here. If lodging is a problem we might be able to help a few people out with that too. We have alot of peeps in that area..

That sounds like so much fun! I'll have to see how much money I have by then to decide whether I can go or not. lol
Back to top Go down
dh reptiles

dh reptiles

Male Posts : 8

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 6:20 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Ball Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ball Python   New Ball Python Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ball Python
Page 1 of 1