Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help Identifying My Ball python

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TDKeelen

Help Identifying My Ball python Empty
PostSubject: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2011, 11:16 pm

Hello I have a ball python that I am trying to sell on craigslist, but people continue to flag me saying she isn't what I say she is. I bought her from Critter Barn in knoxville and was told that she is a desert pastel. Well people are saying she isn't and that she is a regular pastel which I am pretty sure she isn't. But I got curious and looked up morphs and I think she looks like a Desert Ghost. Can anyone help me identify her? We paid $400 for her and asking $250. I tried to upload pictures but I do not know if it worked. If not email me at TDKeelen@aol.com. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
cecropia

cecropia

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2011, 11:52 pm

I responded on cl. It's a pastel, they fade as they get older.

Plus im in critter barn about twice a week, and have never seen that snake. They haven't had a female pastel in there for the past couple years.

The only snake there even close is their female vanilla and it was still thete today. Larry wont come off her even though they let her eggs rot last year..
Back to top Go down
TDKeelen

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2011, 11:58 pm

I bought her In November 2010. Larry was boarding her and another one I believe it was a spider and had just got her in the day before when I bought her. and he said she was a desert pastel so that's what I have went by the whole tiem
Back to top Go down
cecropia

cecropia

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 12:25 am

Put up some more pics if you can. The craigslist ones were awful small and washed out. That spider is sitting in my rack now i believe lol.

Back to top Go down
TDKeelen

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 12:29 am

I don't know how to post any on here. If you want to email me at TDKeelen@aol.com and I'll send them. The male was pinstripe sorry.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 12:43 am

This should be able to help you with posting images here on the forum. Just follow the link. Smile

https://kark.forumotion.com/t407-how-to-post-images-on-the-forum
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
TDKeelen

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 12:45 am

Thanks. I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
TDKeelen

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 12:58 am

[img]Help Identifying My Ball python Deserae04.th[/img][img]Help Identifying My Ball python 0708111253.th[/img]

If the pictures work then the reason she is darker is because she is shedding
Back to top Go down
cecropia

cecropia

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 8:28 am

Pastel, looks kinda like a blonde though
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 4:41 pm

Definitely a pretty pastel. Smile I'd consider picking her up from you if I wasn't already trying to make room for next year's clutches. lol
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 12:50 pm

Probably the number one made mistake in identifying ball python morphs is that people start getting excited when they aren't sure what it is and when they look up what it could be online they always want it to be the most expensive thing they can find that resembles it. It is just what people do. Atleast yours is a pastel and a morph. I have had people try and tell me a they had a desert female, vanilla axanthic male, and a chocolate axanthic female at about 3k grams. The desert was a normal as was the axanthic vanilla(which hasn't been made yet, or they couldn't show me proof it had) and the chocolate axanthic.......just doing the math on when the chocolate morph came out and the fact that the axanthic is a recessive, it is impossible to make a chocolate axanthic female of that weight. It just can't happen. when I am several others tried to inform them that they were mistaken, they refused to believe anyone who said anything different. So, believe me when I say, thank you so very very much for atleast hearing out the opinion of people who are experience in ball python morphs and not ignoring it and trying to scam some one who doesn't know any better. It is a very pretty pastel. How much does she weigh?
Back to top Go down
TDKeelen

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 8:44 pm

I don't know what she weighs,sorry. Thank you all for being so nice. We can't seem to sell her though because every ad we put on craigslist gets flagged.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 12:47 am

TDKeelen wrote:
I don't know what she weighs,sorry. Thank you all for being so nice. We can't seem to sell her though because every ad we put on craigslist gets flagged.

If you use Facebook, there are several reptile classifieds groups on there and I know of two local groups you could try placing her on.

Seviervilles reptiles
https://www.facebook.com/groups/105062426273508/

and

Newport reptiles
https://www.facebook.com/groups/108396682607833/

Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 3:37 pm

depending on her size you might be asking too much. I sold my baby pastels for 90 each for males. I would have sold females at 100 or 120. you can post her on here as well. it helps to know how much she weighs. most ppl on here breed them.
Back to top Go down
TDKeelen

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 12:00 am

Thank you for everyone that tried to help me with this issue. But yesterday we sold her and she is gone to a good home now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying My Ball python   Help Identifying My Ball python Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Identifying My Ball python
Page 1 of 1