Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Good Weekend for Me

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

A Good Weekend for Me Empty
PostSubject: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2010, 4:34 pm

So far, this weekend has been pretty good for me snake-wise. Wink First, I weighed my het albino female today, and she has reached "official" breeding weight of 1500 grams. However, I don't plan to let her do any breeding just yet, seeing as how she still isn't quite as round as I would prefer. If it were any other female, I might say she looks OK for breeding (just OK, not great), but this particular female, no. I know her feeding habits, and just because she has been feeding well lately doesn't necessarily mean that she will continue to feed well. Breeding her could actually make her more willing to feed, but with her, I'm just not willing to take that risk--she has been known to go off feed for 4-6 months without reason. In any case, I was proud of her for just reaching the "official" breeding weight, and thought I'd snap a couple of pics of her:
A Good Weekend for Me GoodPoseBreederWeightGirl

A Good Weekend for Me TongueShotBreederWeightGirl

A Good Weekend for Me Finally1500grams

Should she continue to feed regularly and gains a bit more weight in the coming months, I might be willing to begin pairing her in January or February. Hopefully she will do so; time will tell, I suppose. Wink

My other good news is that my male pastel finally seems to be figuring breeding out. He hasn't actually locked yet, but he is definitely learning what to do. LOL Last weekend when I paired him, he did nothing, but this weekend, he is actually laying with his tail against the female's side and is using his spurs a bit. It's promising, at least. Wink
A Good Weekend for Me Trying111-14-2010

A Good Weekend for Me Trying211-14-2010

A Good Weekend for Me Trying311-14-2010

He got pretty close to her vent, but then when I checked later, they had moved around an awful lot from where they were. I'm almost beginning to wonder if it's the female that's being so difficult. Maybe the pastel wants to breed, but she's just playing hard to get! LMAO In any case, they seem to want to be more than "just friends" now. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2010, 7:05 pm

Looking good! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2010, 11:59 pm

Now it looks better . . . Very Happy

Very, very close:
A Good Weekend for Me Trying411-14-2010

And finally . . . success!
A Good Weekend for Me Locked111-14-2010

A Good Weekend for Me Locked211-14-2010
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 12:55 am

Score! LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 12:51 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 2:06 pm

Oh to have the responsibility of doing nothing but having sex...wait, isn't that prostitution? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ehatcher

Ehatcher

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2010, 2:53 am

only if there is monetary exchange.... Detective
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2010, 7:24 pm

HAHA! Yep, only if money is involved. Wink

And thanks Devin! I'll be glad to see some of the clutches pip this season for sure! It will be like Christmas every so often. LOL
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2010, 9:39 pm

If you hatch any pastel girls of that caliber, I may just have to get one from you! LOL
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 7:50 pm

Wink I'll be glad to obligue; all of the offspring will be for sale unless I just get a female that really stands out to me for some reason. Since I have a spider male, I could save a female pastel and make some bumblebees, but honestly everyone's doing those and I have other projects I'm more interested in (and have limited space).

The only thing I planning to save any babies from for sure are the spider/ghost clutch and our joint albino/het albino clutch. And possibly the pied X het pied clutch. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Good Weekend for Me   A Good Weekend for Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Good Weekend for Me
Page 1 of 1