Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mary Jane Update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 12:12 pm

EGGS!!
3 slugs 4 viable and one of the slugs sort of has veins from candling.

Mary Jane Update 24eywi8
Mary Jane Update 2r6pgys
Mary Jane Update Fto40g
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 12:18 pm

Awesome! You're officially a breeder. LOL

If you need to move them to an incubator just let me know and you can set them up here in mine. Otherwise, just watch her humidity and the temps in there and find something to keep yourself from going crazy for the next 50-60 days. The eggs, themselves, are the best indicator if something is "off". If they start shriveling or caving in then the humidity is likely too low. I would very carefully candle them in a week or so to check veins. Weak veins can still lead to a healthy baby so don't be discouraged if you have weak veins in an egg.

I look forward to seeing July babies!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 12:58 pm

Congrats! If that is her first clutch, she did really well for you! 7 eggs for a first-time mom is pretty darn good, even if you did get a few slugs. I think I can see the one slug you're talking about that candled with a few veins: the one with the slug and and a good end? If so, don't give up hope on it--I have seen pics of eggs similar to that that are hatching. Wink So definitely don't remove it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
the anti-poon

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 11:19 pm

did something stupid..... I thought it was humid enough for a couple of days. I misted it and in tubs you shouldn't mist all that often right? wrong, 2 days wrinkled eggs and mary jane no longer coiled around them.... I got some sphagnum moss and made it moist then soaked some coco husk bark and put it in there so idk maybe they will survive. one candled with veins still but i never really got a good candle when i first candled them.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 11:21 pm

Hmm.. Well, if she's not going to brood them they won't make it. Sad Give me a call. I have to be at a reef club meeting Saturday evening but if you can get them to me this weekend I'll get them squared away in the incubator.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2010, 12:30 pm

i can get them to you but they don't look good really. thy are still wrinkled and they have been under humid substrate all night...
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2010, 1:04 pm

Got a pic? I wouldn't give up on them yet. If you can get them out here I can get them set up in an egg tub and better their chances.
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 3:09 pm

I have a spare incubator this year, too, Devin, if Maryville is more convenient (didn't know if you had moved to Alcoa yet). If you want, let me know. You can bring them by and we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 11:32 pm

I've got them set up in the incubator but they don't look good. One might have a chance but the rest look too far gone. Sad I'll let you know what happens either way.
Back to top Go down
the anti-poon

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2010, 3:15 pm

yes i have moved to alcoa now but we are in our old apt in alcoa, now we just need to move the stuff from there to the new place. So I am still moving....but everything is out of my old apt in downtown Knoxville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mary Jane Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Jane Update   Mary Jane Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mary Jane Update
Page 1 of 1