Knox Area Reptile Keepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Knox Area Reptile Keepers

Knoxville Area Reptile Keepers, or KARK, has been put in place to provide a safe haven for reptile keepers and breeders to connect with others who share their enthusiasm in herpetoculture.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding projects?

Go down 
+8
PythonPassion
thebignut71
the anti-poon
Kazzy
Lady Serpent
MoonLiteForest
JDaniel
QuietTempest
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
the anti-poon

Male Posts : 707

Breeding projects? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 11:46 am

definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Back to top Go down
boggylizard

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 1:56 pm

Glad to see your pairings are bringing you success, Pam. Might be interested in picking up a spider from you in the near future as well.

Just thought I would post some of my clutches this year. So far I have had redtails and Nigerian uromastyx and have beardies and leos in the incubator now.
Breeding projects? - Page 3 100_4576
These were the first to come, born on May 30th. I did not technically produce these because I bought the female gravid and had her for a couple of months before she popped. She was fat when we got the pair and never ate for us but kept getting bigger.
Breeding projects? - Page 3 100_4651
These were the next arrivals and I believe they were hatched around June 14th through the 16th.
This is the dad, Tut...
Breeding projects? - Page 3 100_4658
This is mom, Naya...
Breeding projects? - Page 3 100_2546
Another pic of a few of the babies...
Breeding projects? - Page 3 100_4663
Next should be leos. We don't have a ton of leos breeding size yet so we only have a few eggs at this time. You can see a few in the pic of the baby uros in the hatch box.
Then we should have the beardies. These kind of fell in our lap as we had a friend who bought a beardie gravid and did not know what to do with the eggs. We don't know what they will look like but we got 17 eggs and so far all are plump and healthy.
Breeding projects? - Page 3 100_4773
I hope this post isn't too long, I just have had alot going on and have never had a chance to post everything all at once until now. Good luck in every ones pairings and put up lots of pics!

Last edited by boggylizard on July 12th 2010, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

Female Posts : 1558

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 2:49 pm

Those guys are all soooo cute!
Back to top Go down
http://quiettempestreptiles.yolasite.com/
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

Female Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 4:38 pm

Awww, Rob, they are all so cute! Congrats!

I have two more babies out of the eggs. A male spider and another female normal. Still have two spiders and one normal hanging out in the eggs. I'll post more pics when they all come out. Wink

Dagan: Yep, I do actually have a few hits for normals. Not many, though, and sometimes I have to keep them for quite a while before I sell them. But I don't ask pet shop prices for them, either. Wink I plan to sell normal females at $40.00 each (my forum members get them for $35.00 each), and males for $30.00 (my forum members get them for $25.00 each).
Back to top Go down
http://www.pythonpassion.com
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 9:08 pm

The last of the babies came out! I wound up with a grand total of 0.3 normals and 2.2 spiders.

Third one out, spider male:
Breeding projects? - Page 3 Thirdoneout-SpiderMale

Fourth one out, female normal:
Breeding projects? - Page 3 Fourthoneout-NormalFemale

Fifth one out, female spider and possible holdback:
Breeding projects? - Page 3 PrettiestGirlYetTopDown

Sixth one out, spider male:
Breeding projects? - Page 3 SPBP10-4SideView

Seventh and last one out, normal female:
Breeding projects? - Page 3 NLBP10-7SideView
And boy does this last female really remind me of my het albino male . . . ! Breeding projects? - Page 3 WTF-1 I almost wonder if my normal girl held back some sperm from her last breeding, but if she did, she retained it for two years!!!! She had last year off, but this baby looks nothing like her, and nothing like the spider male father, but she is almost a spitting image of my het albino male. Breeding projects? - Page 3 Laugh For all intents and purposes though, she is considered a normal.

And a group shot of the whole clutch:
Breeding projects? - Page 3 Clutch10A
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 9:25 pm

Congrats!! They look great!!

I wish mine would pip already!!
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

Female Posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 10:31 pm

I love seeing the pics of the babies! I really do try to live vicariously through you all. Even the normals are exciting to me! Smile
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2010, 11:54 pm

Dagan wrote:
I love seeing the pics of the babies! I really do try to live vicariously through you all. Even the normals are exciting to me! Smile

It kills me seeing so many other babies hatching out and I've still got stubborn eggs. lol
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 4:24 pm

Hey, I love seen hatchling pics, but it'd be nice if you made a new thread. I am more likely to overlook photos when they are hidden in someone else's thread topic...lol.
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 6:14 pm

I opened a new breeding projects thread in the lizard forum and moved a few threads so it's easier to locate and fawn over those babies. <3<3<3
Back to top Go down
PythonPassion

PythonPassion

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 7:44 pm

Thanks much!

And not to worry, Sandy, your clutches should be pipping any day now! Can't wait to see baby pics . . . it's like I get to go through the anxiety all over again! LOL
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 8:15 pm

PythonPassion wrote:
Thanks much!

And not to worry, Sandy, your clutches should be pipping any day now! Can't wait to see baby pics . . . it's like I get to go through the anxiety all over again! LOL

Should I give them a deadline? Would threatening them with embroidery scissors get them going? Razz
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko

DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 10:26 pm

Last one out is a rotten egg! Oh...wait. Doh!
Back to top Go down
QuietTempest
Admin
QuietTempest

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2010, 12:25 am

Dagan wrote:
Last one out is a rotten egg! Oh...wait. Doh!

hahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding projects?   Breeding projects? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding projects?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3